Sunday, 22 January 2017

Rather Late Happy New Year

Hello everyone

Well you may have noticed I've been missing for a few weeks (AND NEARLY A WHOLE MONTH!!) so I'd like to wish all my followers a very belated Happy New Year. I hope it's been a good start for you all and that 2017 holds all you wish and dream of. I'm certainly grabbing this year with both hands whether it be crafty or otherwise

I've left the Polkadoodles/Digi Choosday design team I was on to pursue lots of other interests.... one of them be some voluntary work st a local hospice and the second is to grow my own art.

I've never drawn much myself and am certainly out of my comfort zone but I'm prepared to challenge myself, as always, and willing to learn.

Back at the beginning of December I visited a local art exhibition and after chatting to some of the artists and art group members I decided to take the plunge and join the art group and I've now been going a few weeks and I'm love love loving every minute of meeting new people and learning new things each week. from shaky beginnings I've now grasped a few different mediums and been practising lots and would look like to share with you my very first watercolour painting (using Derwent Inktense pencils) totally done by me from scratch including the drawing all from a photo taken in our garden last summer.

BloggerImage
BloggerImage BloggerImage   
BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage


So from the first drawing stages here is my finished art piece now framed. 

I'm so pleased with my first attempt and am now thinking of other things and in between working and other stuff I'm challenging myself daily whilst continuing my crafty journey of adult colouring books and knitting and crocheting.  I've given my painting to my mum and dad for their wedding anniversary and it is heading for their hallway as I type. 

BloggerImage

I'd like to enter the following challenges:



Stay tuned for some more art work of my own in the coming weeks and months.

Take care
Tanya
xxx


2 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Hay, Tanya Happy New Year to you too :)
Wow this is awesome! So beautifully done! You could charge a small fortune for work like this! xxx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

stunning painting ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creates and Makes monthly challenge,
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !