Sunday, 31 July 2016

My Second Journal Page

Hello everybody

So a couple of weeks ago I had a tentative start to my art journaling journey with a one page creation using stamps and inks and messy stuff.  So for this second journal page....I've taken the plunge on my very first double page spread.  I know....what was I thinking!!!  But I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it so much that I've now created another double page spread that I'll be blogging about later in the week. 

So for this double page spread I started off by coating the pages with white gesso even though the Dylusions journals don't need it.  I then used a pale blue acrylic paint and some splashes of blue Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder in Midnight Blue for the background and then stamped little black circles all over the page and using white acrylic paint made some clouds that I later outlined with a white gel pen.  I printed the words off on my PC and then cut them out and layered them onto the pages and outlined with black Sharpie pen....a friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.  I like to think that this is true of friendship in general and that nobody minds how mad or crazy you may seem or how different you are to them that they can overlook those differences because they see through them to the proper 'you'.

I had some leftover book pages from some bookfolding I did recently and so stamped on them with the Stamp ME Stamps from Polkadoodles called Daisy Days....  you can get them HERE
I used my Gansai Tambi paints for the flowers and leaves and the butterflies and then stuck them to the page using Gel Matte Medium.

But before I did that I used some dimension paste and a stencil to make the fence....which is very badly broken as you can see, and then when it dried I painted the background between the fence green and the fence itself with some brown Gansai Tambi paint.  The spots on the butterflies are white gel pen and the leaves and flowers too.  The centres of the flowers have been created using black Liquid Pearls.

The edging has been done with a white gel pen.

And here it is:




I love how I managed to stamp the flower on the left over the word 'ART'....totally by chance.


The texture of the fence really shows in this photo.




I'm super chuffed with this art journaling page....and although I'm not strictly a messy crafter I am kind of addicted to creating something which is totally out of my crafting skills and something I'm enjoying immensely too.

I'll be back later in the week with my third art journaling page which is different again and involves having coloured my page using pencils and white gesso for a different look altogether.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Take care
Tanya xxx

12 comments:

Yvonne Nikolaison said...

I know what you mean about being addicted to Art Journaling, I am too and also very new to it. I love your page. The broken fence I think looks better than if it wasn't.
Yvonne

Wendy Batchen said...

Lovely bright journal page, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Scrappy Scatty said...

stunning your so clever xx

Bonnie Taylor said...

This is beautiful! I love the creativity, and all of the bright colors. Thank you for joining our challenge over at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Tanya this is stunning I love all the bright colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card love the flowers and that saying is beautiful x thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous journal page, lovely bright colours and super design.
Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles.
Pauline
x

Alysha Sheridan said...

Love this Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge over at Polkadoodles, hugs Aly xxx

Jeannie said...

Hi Tanya! This is so gorgeous! Beautiful color palette, great texture, and I just love the white dot accents and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!!Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Victoria Rowson said...

Fabulous!! So bight and colourful!! I LOVE the wording!! Thank you for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Hugs Victoria (DT) x x

CornishKat said...

This is fabulous, I love the book print flowers. Thanks for joining us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles,
Katrina x