Skip to main content

It's Digi Choosday - Week 24 - For A Male

Hello everybody     
    
It’s Digi Choosday day again. 
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.

This week our challenge is  ‘FOR A MALE ’.

Full details of what I’ve used can be found in the Thumb Linkies below.

But as this week is a male challenge and it’s Father’s Day in the UK next Sunday I’ve decided to make my card for my dad.  He’s a lovely man and deserves to be treated to something special that’s handmade just for him….so of course Polkadoodles digis fit the bill exactly!!!  I’ve made an 8x8 card by using the Sticks & Bones collection.  I used one of the background scenes and then layered one of the frames over the top and resized it and cut the centre out and then using one of the character digis I’ve decoupaged him in a few layers and then mounted on the frame together with using one of the many alphabets on the collection to spell out the word ‘DAD’ and decoupaged that and then finally added the pterodactyl decoupage and some palm trees.  I edged the frame and the scene with some Dew Drop Versa Magic Ink in Jumbo Java and used silicone glue for the decoupage.

I hope you’ve had chance to see the wonderful makes we’ve been sharing on Facebook using the new Winnie collection…WINNIE IN WONDERLAND.  This collection is absolutely fantastic and is based on the Alice stories by Lewis Carroll and is  full of lots of papers, digis in black and white and colour, embellies, tags and sentiments and can be bought as a full collection on download and CD and also in little collections too right HERE.  There’s something for every price pocket.  The papers are the best I’ve ever seen!!!!
Winnie in Wonderland (CDrom) Printable Digital card/scrap collection



Daisydays - Stamp ME clear stamp set & CD-rom Daisydays - Stamp ME clear stamp set & CD-rom

AND not forgetting the two new STAMP ME collections called Daisy Days and Summertime.  You can get them here….  They are fabulous and unique in their design as now using the easy to use overlays YOU CAN stamp….beginners through to the more experienced crafters/stampers will love the uses of these stamps.


Here is my make for this week’s challenge:          




I’m excited to see your makes for this week’s challenge.  Perhaps you could choose to create a card, a fab piece of décor or something else, but just remember to follow the rules listed in the blog.  And not only can you win a fabulous prize if you are in the top 3/random prize winner but you can also grab your discount code.  How fab is that?  The discount code only lasts for 24 hours so you’d better head off over there right now to grab it. 

And you’ve still got chance to enter our  ADD A SENTIMENT  challenge from last week!!
Have you noticed that we have been running an extra challenge for the past few months?

The full rules of which can be read on our blog by clicking on the tab at the top of the Digi Choosday Challenge Blog , BUT we now have an extra top 3 who will be eligible for A FEATHER IN YOUR CAP for entering the challenge with a Polkadoodles digi.

Why not join in our Facebook groups as well.  Just search for Digi Choosday and Polkadoodles Crafting and The Pencil Case and the Inky Pinkies and ask to join the groups to join in all the fun.  It’s a great community group to join in with and show off your Polkadoodles makes.  There’s always one of the Design Team around to have a natter with and offer guidance and inspiration, so don’t be shy….head on over there right now!!!    

AND did you know we also have our very own dedicated Instagram account.  Click HERE to be taken over to the showcase of the design team’s excellent talent.

Take care                                                                                
Tanya x 


Comments

Julie Reed said…
Really love the way you have put this together - FAB x
Jane Savage said…
This is awesome, Tanya! Your dad will be over the moon to receive this! xxx
Wow, this is a fabulous card, great decoupage and amazing design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne
trulyjewellery said…
Fantastic, perfect choice for your Fathers Day card :)
chrissie said…
A terrific card with great images

Thank you for joining in at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx
Sandy Trefger said…
This is adorable! I love the bones and the cute little cave boy! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.
zandra said…
Very cool, card and I love the images. Great take on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z
Janice said…
What a fun card - great colouring and colours and a fab design. Thanks for playing at OLL, Jx
Scrappy Scatty said…
amazing card bet your Dad will love it xx
Desire Fourie said…
Absolutely loving this cave man creation and the bone frame is so fun.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Margik said…
This is so adorable! The little caveman is totally cute and I love the super bone frame. A fun idea for a Father’s Day card!
Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
Mar xx
Hi Tanya, Loving your card dedicated to your dad, fabulous scene and just love that image. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Hope to see you again very soon. Jennifer DT member x
Moni said…
Tanya, this is so adorable!!! Your decoupage is perfect as always.
Jeannie said…
Hi Tanya! Amazing card and all of the pop ups really add so much to it!
Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
Jackie Trinder said…
Hi Tanya this is a stunning card I love all the elements they are just so gorgeous. Hugs Jackie
Great creation Tanya, love your layering of the image. Your dad will definitely love this. Hugs:) Audrey
Anjie said…
Great make Tan.
Hugs
Anj
xx
crafty-stamper said…
Amazing card love the bones frame and cute decoupaged image---Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x
Lin said…
I absolutely adore this fabulous decoupaged design.

Thanks for sharing in my'special man' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers
Angela Radford said…
That is such a fun card, bet your dad loved it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge,
Angela x

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.

Well:

1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…

Rabbit rabbit rabbit

Hi everyone 

Hope you've been keeping well since my last post. 
I've been attending art group still and learning new techniques as I go. 
I've done a few paintings since I shared my owl one, which I'll be sharing later this month, but here is my recent completed one from start to finish. I used watercolours from Royal Langnickel and water soluble oil pastels which were really cheap from The Works, fur texture created with KohINoor pencils and Posca white pen. Hope you like it. Here's some close ups and the finished project all framed up.

Starting to watercolour the background and the background and watercoloured bunny beginning to add detail  Close up of the detail using the Kohinoor pencils  Hello there.....just look at the texture on the fur.

 I achieved the background flowers by just dabbing a paint brush in multi colours and then dabbing them onto the paper after adding brush strokes of green for the stems and grass.  Boo......just look at my beautiful eyes.  a…