Skip to main content

HAPPY HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY POLKADOODLES - PART 2

Happy 7th birthday Polka Doodles.
As this anniversary is normally called the "7 year itch", the Polka Doodles team have embraced the prickly feeling by scratching that itch and mixing/scratching up some new images ... get the pun? Corny we know but the team have had great fun. So to embrace the “itchy scratch” the Polka Doodles team have thrown caution to the wind and “scratched up” a different kind of birthday celebration.
The birthday celebrations will be running for 2 weeks and each day someone from the Polka Doodles team will be sharing their “mixed/scratched up” image. It’s been all hush hush and secret squirrel too as no one knows who has been busy creating what and when they will be revealing their image... so the Polka Doodles team get to join in the fun too. To add an extra layer of itchy fun, everyone has also been colouring up the new “scratched/mixed up” images, (still not knowing who designed them) and they will be sharing via their blogs and on FaceBook.
We really have scratched things up ... new merged images, no one knows who created what and no one knows when they’ll be sharing them ...!
Please do take the opportunity to visit the Polka Doodles team and see their new digi images because you will find a discount code (or two) along your way that you can use in the Polka Doodles shop
**********************************
Today is the day I get to reveal the scratched up merged digi that I created. I don't know who will get to colour it up and am excited to see what they've created too, but here is the card I've made using the lovely Lilybug Love Hello character available HERE singly or on the full collection download HERE which I've miniaturised and merged her with toadstools and flying ladybird from the full collection together with a house from the Little Kingdom collection available HERE. I've printed out the digi several times and coloured it with my Graph It markers (listed below) and decoupaged it and then layered it onto a background from the Cherry Blossom Lane collection available HERE and then layered some of the flowers from the Lemonade Fizz Collection available HERE all coloured with my Gansai Tambi paints and then layered with Diamond Stickles glitter glue. The BELIEVE letters are the scrapbook tiles available on the Work & Play Love Collection available as a single download HERE

Here is my card make:


I've used the following:

Daler Rowney Mixed Media paper for the background 
Versa Magic Jumbo Java chalk ink for the edges 
8x8 white card
Graph It Pens - 1170, 1270, 72125, 4145, 4115, 9100, 9009, 5245, 3180, 2170, 7145, 5230


As a special treat for you all if you would like to treat yourself to a digi stamp or two you can head right off to the Polkadoodles webby right now by going HERE and using the code BIRTHDAY 30 for 30% discount on individual downloads.  This discount code expires on the 29th May at midnight GMT time so don't forget to grab it and use it while you can.

Don't forget to search out the Polkadoodles Facebook page and the Digi Choosday Facebook page as well to join in with all the birthday fun.

Thanks for looking.
Take care 
Tanya xxx

Comments

Karon said…
This is so wonderful. Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 4 - In Bloom

Hello everybody             
It’s Digi Choosday day again. These Tuesdays definitely come round really fast!!
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.
This week our challenge is  ‘IN BLOOM’.
I love searching the internet for new things to make and also getting inspiration and as soon as I saw the craze for making teacup art I instantly knew that this week’s challenge would fit this project perfectly.  I had a teacup that had a wonderful soy candle in it and was wondering what I could make with the empty cup.  Here is a step by step picture tutorial of my make (with the exception of one ingredient which is magic and you'll have to scroll to the bottom of my blog post to find out what it is).  I resized and printed some of the flowers from the Eden Collection and put them to one side.  I gathered my ingredients...  cup and saucer, bird cage, toadstools and reindeer moss and then using the magic ingredient started to assemble my make.

I then added the flowers and…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.

Well:

1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…