Skip to main content

It's Digi Choosday - Week 7 - Animals & Insects

Hello everybody             
It’s Digi Choosday day again. 
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.
This week our challenge is  ‘ANIMALS OR INSECTS’.
Now a few weeks ago a brand new release came on the scene called Sticks & Bones and it is rawwrrr-ingly good stuff.  Crammed with lots of black and white digis for you to colour yourself and the coloured digis themselves, and sentiments and flowers and papers and oodles of inspiration to be had within each digi page. 
So this week I used the black and white sabretooth tiger and coloured himself myself, but not without merging the bones spectacles over his eyes first ---- love him even more now!!  You can grab the tiger on his own from the Polkadoodles shop.  Full links below.  I merged him with the frame from the collection and overlayed the bones and roar words over the top and then flowers and leaves for some dimension.  The papers are also from the collection.  When I saw the ribbon in The Range I just knew it would be fab for this collection.
Full details of where you can get the fabulous Sticks & Bones Collection can be found by clicking on the Thumb Linkies below
Here is my make:                                          


These are the ingredients I have used:
Sticks & Bones Collection
Papers and sentiments and embellies from the collection
Sabretooth tiger
Spectacles from the collection merged with Sabretooth tiger
Ultimate Graphic paper
Coloured with Graph It – Nose 9406, Mouth 5255, 9201, Tiger 7270, 8250, 3190, 2170, 2140
Ice Stickles Glitter Glue Crystal Ice
Glossy Accents on nose and glasses
Dew Drop Versa Magic Chalk Ink in Jumbo Java
8x8 card
Animal Print satin and wired ribbon from The Range

I’m excited to see your makes for this week’s challenge.  Perhaps you could choose to create a card, a fab piece of d├ęcor or something else, but just remember to follow the rules listed in the blog.  And not only can you win a fabulous prize if you are in the top 3/random prize winner but you can also grab your discount code.  How fab is that?  The discount code only lasts for 24 hours so you’d better head off over there right now to grab it. 

And you’ve still got chance to enter our ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE challenge from last week, because all our challenges run for two weeks.

Why not join in our Facebook groups as well.  Just search for Digi Choosday and Polkadoodles Crafting and The Pencil Case and the Inky Pinkies and ask to join the groups to join in all the fun.  It’s a great community group to join in with and show off your Polkadoodles makes.  There’s always one of the Design Team around to have a natter with and offer guidance and inspiration, so don’t be shy….head on over there right now!!!    


Take care                                                                                

Tanya x



Comments

fiona walker said…
Tanya he looks fantastic love those gorgeous flowers and bow.
Hugs
Fiona Walker x
Jane Savage said…
OMG the spectacles are a genius addition, Tanya, as is that fab ribbon! Yes, great minds think alike this week (as great minds often do) and I love your gorgeous colouring; he looks so cuddly....well maybe not with those teeth!! :) Loving the scrolling piccies! How did you do that?? xxx
trulyjewellery said…
Fantastic make, adding the glasses genius :)
Lynda said…
Gorgeous colouring, makes him pop right off the page and love the way you made him look so clever! Lovely make xx
Julie Odil said…
Tanya, I love the spectacles, and that ribbon! Wowzers!
Nikky Hall said…
So much fun he really makes me LOL with those specs, genius! Love his bright colours too! xx
Wendy Batchen said…
Great card, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft. Wendy DT x
Moni said…
That's a gorgeous animal print bow. Beautiful card!!!
Jennie Thompson said…
He looks gorgeous, lovely vibrant colours.

Hugs Jen xx
Jackie Trinder said…
Hi this is a stunning card the image is amazing. Hugs Jackie
Linda Simpson said…
A fabulous card, love the image and the ribbon works so well with the papers too.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Gorgeous project today, I love the image and your coloring on it. Great card for lots of kids I know that love dinosaurs
Wonderful creation Tanya, I just love how you added the spectacles to the sabertooth, he looks so cute! Great use of the flowers too:) Hugs!! Audrey
Aunty Sue said…
Fab colouring on this tanya great make again this week
Helen said…
Those glasses really made me smile!

Helen x

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 4 - In Bloom

Hello everybody             
It’s Digi Choosday day again. These Tuesdays definitely come round really fast!!
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.
This week our challenge is  ‘IN BLOOM’.
I love searching the internet for new things to make and also getting inspiration and as soon as I saw the craze for making teacup art I instantly knew that this week’s challenge would fit this project perfectly.  I had a teacup that had a wonderful soy candle in it and was wondering what I could make with the empty cup.  Here is a step by step picture tutorial of my make (with the exception of one ingredient which is magic and you'll have to scroll to the bottom of my blog post to find out what it is).  I resized and printed some of the flowers from the Eden Collection and put them to one side.  I gathered my ingredients...  cup and saucer, bird cage, toadstools and reindeer moss and then using the magic ingredient started to assemble my make.

I then added the flowers and…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.

Well:

1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…