Skip to main content

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 3 - Stitching


Hello everybody           
  
It’s Digi Choosday day again. 

Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.

This week our challenge is  ‘STITCHING’ and you have a fortnight to enter as usual.

So as you know I absolutely adore the Colour Therapy Collections and stitching as well, and as I did an embroidery in a hoop a while ago (and won a challenge with it too…. Go me!!) I thought I would do another stitching project but this time in a frame.  It’s my mum and dad’s wedding anniversary and so I’ve made them this as a little present and I plan on doing a matching papercrafting card to go with it (More on that in another post though)

Click on the Thumb Linkies below to be taken over to the Polkadoodles webby page for full details of all the Colour Therapy Collections and also the brand new Colour Therapy Colouring Club pages that went on sale yesterday that should keep you occupied for a couple of weeks.  They are adorable.

And also if you go on the Polkadoodles webby you will see details of the absolutely raaaaawwwwrrr fabulously fantastic Sticks & Bones Collection.  Full details in the Thumb Linkies below.  But here’s a little preview.  



Check out the DT blogs and the Facebook pages over the next few weeks for some fantastic inspiration.


Here's my make for this week's challenge






These are the ingredients I have used:

Printable Fabric          
Wadding
Frame
DMC embroidery threads in two colours
Beads
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Drawing Inks
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter

I’m excited to see your makes for this week’s challenge.  And remember you can create a card or a fab piece of d├ęcor, but just remember to follow the rules listed in the blog.  And not only can you win a fabulous prize if you are in the top 3/random prize winner but you can also grab your discount code.  How fab is that?  The discount code only lasts for 24 hours so you’d better head off over there right now to grab it. 

Why not join in our Facebook groups as well.  Just search for Digi Choosday and Polkadoodles Crafting and The Pencil Case and the Inky Pinkies and ask to join the groups to join in all the fun.  It’s a great community group to join in with and show off your Polkadoodles makes.  There’s always one of the Design Team around to have a natter with and offer guidance and inspiration, so don’t be shy….head on over there right now!!!    


Take care
Tanya xx

Comments

Jane Savage said…
I’m totally lost for words, Tanya! OMGGG!! I need to sit down! You amaze me EVERY TIME lady! AWESOME!! XXX
fiona walker said…
Tanya this is fantastic love your sewing and a great gift for your mum and dad. They will love it. Its great to see something different than a card.
Hugs
Fiona x
Aunty Sue said…
what a lovely framed picture with all those fabulous stitches. i am sure Mum and dad will treasure
trulyjewellery said…
Fab idea, what a lovely gift :)
Anjie said…
What a fab gift, I know your parents will love it.
Hugs
Anj
xx
Julie Odil said…
This is such a great idea, Tanya! I true gift of love!
Scrappy Scatty said…
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG Tanya
amazing flipping truly love!!!
xx
Moni said…
Tanya, this is so beautiful!!! Beyond words. A lot of work but and incredible make.
Wendy McCarthy said…
What a lovely gift! Very pretty. X
Tina henderson said…
oh wow... so detailed and dimensional, a work of love xx
Jackie Trinder said…
Wow this is amazing I just love it. Hugs Jackie
Laine said…
Such a stunning creation. Sure to be loved!
Laine
xx
Donna Ellis said…
What a beautiful keepsake - lots of love went into this pretty creation! Thanks for playing in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}
This is beautiful Tanya.. Simply beautiful, Px
Helen Haines said…
So much work and it looks devine. Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Helen DT
Stacey Vaughan said…
wow! This is beautiful! Really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Where The Heart Is x
Helen said…
Beautiful - gorgeous work and what a fab gift too.

Helen x
How wonderful! A treasured keepsake for sure. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. xx
Deanne Saunders said…
So pretty!! Thanks so much for participating in our WHERE THE HEART IS challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
Lynda said…
wow!!! stunning work!!! xxx
Wow Tanya, another amazing creation, your work is always so inspiring! Many hugs:) Audrey

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 4 - In Bloom

Hello everybody             
It’s Digi Choosday day again. These Tuesdays definitely come round really fast!!
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.
This week our challenge is  ‘IN BLOOM’.
I love searching the internet for new things to make and also getting inspiration and as soon as I saw the craze for making teacup art I instantly knew that this week’s challenge would fit this project perfectly.  I had a teacup that had a wonderful soy candle in it and was wondering what I could make with the empty cup.  Here is a step by step picture tutorial of my make (with the exception of one ingredient which is magic and you'll have to scroll to the bottom of my blog post to find out what it is).  I resized and printed some of the flowers from the Eden Collection and put them to one side.  I gathered my ingredients...  cup and saucer, bird cage, toadstools and reindeer moss and then using the magic ingredient started to assemble my make.

I then added the flowers and…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.

Well:

1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…