Friday, 1 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016


Good Morning everybody and welcome to a New Year!!

Yes it's finally 2016.  I'm so looking forward to this year and all that it holds.  I'm looking forward to the longer days, summer, holidays, spending time with family and friends, getting decorating the house again (upstairs is finished apart from new carpets) and obviously more crafting.  I'm so going to try some new things this year and might have a go at Papercutting and more bookfolding and anything else I come across too.

I'm not making any resolutions this year so as not to put any pressure on myself.  There's no need for added pressure in this hectic world. 

Anyway to kick start my crafting year I thought I'd share a card I made to welcome in the New Year for some good friends of the family.  I used one of the adult colouring sheets from the Polkadoodles Colour Therapy Inspiring Foliage 2 Collection which I coloured with Lyra Aqua Duos (a present from Father Christmas!!).  I covered the leaves with Wink of Stella clear glitter and added white dots to the flowers with a Graph It White Shake White pen and the black border has been done with a shimmery glittery black gel pen.  I just love those Lyra vibrant colours and although I had blending issues this was because of the card I used and not the fault of the pens.  I think next time I use them I will use either watercolour paper/card or blend the pens together off the card beforehand.  But I do like the effect I've achieved for a first attempt at water soluble pens.

The Colour Therapy Inspiring Foliage Collection is available on CD and download versions from the website.  Click on the Thumb Linkies below for details.








Anyway, I hope you all have a brilliant day and a very healthy, wealthy and wise 2016 and all your dreams do come true.

I'll be back tomorrow to showcase one of my samples I made for the Polkadoodles Create & Craft shows from a month or so ago.

Till then, take care

Tanya xxx


                                       
/div>

No comments: