Skip to main content

Colour Therapy 2 Inspiring Foliage - Polka Doodles - Create & Craft Samples (Part 5)

Hello everybody

I can't believe that we're already on Wednesday!!!  What a week it's been.  I've done all manner of crafty things that I can't wait to share with you all, so watch this space folks!!

Well I'm here to share the final of my samples that I made for Polkadoodles (Nikky Hall) when she was on Create & Craft a few months ago with the Colour Therapy 2 Collection.

I have loved embroidery and especially cross stitch for years and years and haven't done any for a while so when I bought some printable fabric on trip to Yarndale last year to buy some wool stash I just knew I had to have some of it even though I didn't have the right project to use it.  When Nikky released the adult colouring pages I just knew I had found the ideal project I could use this for!

So I searched through the Colour Therapy 2 Collection and found a great image that would look good embroidered and set about printing it onto my printable fabric.  I then bought a hoop that would fit the fabric neatly (7" round) and set about doing some satin stitch and French knots all over the little circles varying the colours the DMC threads as I went along and then the straight lines connecting the circles were ideal for doing some beading.  I used a very fine needle for the beads to be threaded onto and used three different colours as well to tone in with the embroidery cotton I'd chosen.








I hope you like my make and it just shows that you don't need to stick to colouring with pens and making cards with the adult colouring pages created by Nikky as there are a lot more things that can be done with them and the only limit to your creativity is your own mind.

My mind is bursting with ideas of the things I can create with these adult colouring pages and I've got another embroidery on the go but you'll have to wait a few weeks before I can show you that make.  It's a special present for somebody so it's all under wraps at the moment!!

Watch this space.

Take care
Tanya xx

I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:





Comments

Tracy W said…
Great creation, very unique too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x
Linda Simpson said…
This is stunning Tanya!
Hugs
Linda xxx
Jackie Trinder said…
Wow this is stunning. Hugs Jackie
Jade Morrison said…
Hello Tanya, Wow this is just fabulous, love all the details that have gone into this. All the beads so pretty.

Jade
Lea Brawn said…
This is a fab creation Tanya. X
This was an great creation !!! Love The Idea and The colours is perfect
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
TTCRD DT
ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com
Jane Savage said…
GENIUS!!!! Nuf said! xxx
This project is amazing!! I love all the details. You have put a lot of work on this and the result is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!! Patricia.
Michelle said…
Fantastic what you made here. So many details and great colours.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.

Well:

1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…

Rabbit rabbit rabbit

Hi everyone 

Hope you've been keeping well since my last post. 
I've been attending art group still and learning new techniques as I go. 
I've done a few paintings since I shared my owl one, which I'll be sharing later this month, but here is my recent completed one from start to finish. I used watercolours from Royal Langnickel and water soluble oil pastels which were really cheap from The Works, fur texture created with KohINoor pencils and Posca white pen. Hope you like it. Here's some close ups and the finished project all framed up.

Starting to watercolour the background and the background and watercoloured bunny beginning to add detail  Close up of the detail using the Kohinoor pencils  Hello there.....just look at the texture on the fur.

 I achieved the background flowers by just dabbing a paint brush in multi colours and then dabbing them onto the paper after adding brush strokes of green for the stems and grass.  Boo......just look at my beautiful eyes.  a…