Skip to main content

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 45 - Xmas With Sparkles

Hello everybody             

Welcome to yet another Tuesday and another Digi Choosday post.  This week’s challenge is ‘Xmas With Sparkles’.

Before I get onto the challenge I just want to remind you about the brand new Colour Therapy CD’s and downloads and the brand new ColourTherapy Colouring Club too.  Have you seen them in the shop yet?  Why ever not?  If you’re into the adult colouring book phenomenon that’s sweeping the world at the moment, then why not treat yourself to something a little different.  Nikky’s collections are on CD and digital download, available in two massive collections of 70 different designs and also in sets of threes as well.  And there’s also a new monthly colouring club as well.  The difference with Nikky’s collections are that you are not restricted to how many times you can colour them, like with the books available.  You can also resize them.  So the world’s your oyster with lots of fab opportunities to print on lots of mediums and great for those of you into mixed media. 

So with sparkles in mind I’ve used a great Santa MDF shape that I picked up at Hobbycraft a few weeks ago when I picked up my MDF reindeers I used for a challenge a few weeks ago.  I made a template of the snowman to cut out and draw round the shapes onto paper from the Twiggy & Toots Festive collection papers and then used Mod Podge with hints of glitter in to coat it and then finished off with a pom pom for Santa’s hat and a ton of glitter in the Deco Art Snowtex  on his suit and boots and over the top of the paper with Glossy Accents and Deco Art Glamour Dust in Crystal and finished off the berries with some Stickles Glitter Glue in Xmas Red.  So as you can see I’ve used lots and lots and lots of sparkles.   I just can’t get enough glitter and what better time of year than Christmas!!!

Here is my make:









Click on the Thumb Linkies below to get your copy of Twiggy & Toots and Ultimate Graphic paper.

I can’t wait to see your creations this week.  And remember, it’s not just for cards, you can create ANYTHING you want from home d├ęcor to cards, just remember to follow the rules listed in the blog.  And not only can you win a fabulous prize if you are in the top 3/random prize winner but you can also grab your discount code.  How fab is that?  The discount code only lasts for a short time so you’d better head off over there right now to grab it. 

Why not join in our Facebook groups as well.  Just search for Digi Choosday and Polkadoodles Crafting and The Pencil Case and the Inky Pinkies and ask to join the groups to join in all the fun.  It’s a great community group to join in with and show off your Polkadoodles makes.  There’s always one of the Design Team around to have a natter with and offer guidance and inspiration, so don’t be shy….head on over there right now!!!    

If you would like a Guest Design Team Position on the Digi Choosday team, just have a look at our blog posts and you’ll find the details.  Good luck if you’re entering!!!


Take care

Tanya x





Comments

fiona walker said…
He looks great fun. Love the santa.
Emz said…
This is super Tanya loving the texture xx
Jane Savage said…
OMG!!! How super fab is this, Tanya! Love, love, love him!! xxx
jewellerygail said…
Brill, a fab decoration for Xmas, he's going to look great when you put him up at Xmas :)
Carla Brooke said…
Great holiday creation, thanks for sharing at Simply Papercraft!
Julie Odil said…
This is such a great idea, Tanya! I'd love to see this IRL. Fantastic!
So awesome Tanya, what a brilliant idea, will make a great Christmas decoration for sure!! Hugs:) Audrey
Scrappy Scatty said…
how wonderful and clever is your santa , do you need my address to send him too? xx
Moni said…
Awwww, this is super adorable.
Lynda said…
OMG awesome make!! xx so clever
Pat said…
Cute, cute, cute!! Love your holiday decoration! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion challenges this week!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 4 - In Bloom

Hello everybody             
It’s Digi Choosday day again. These Tuesdays definitely come round really fast!!
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.
This week our challenge is  ‘IN BLOOM’.
I love searching the internet for new things to make and also getting inspiration and as soon as I saw the craze for making teacup art I instantly knew that this week’s challenge would fit this project perfectly.  I had a teacup that had a wonderful soy candle in it and was wondering what I could make with the empty cup.  Here is a step by step picture tutorial of my make (with the exception of one ingredient which is magic and you'll have to scroll to the bottom of my blog post to find out what it is).  I resized and printed some of the flowers from the Eden Collection and put them to one side.  I gathered my ingredients...  cup and saucer, bird cage, toadstools and reindeer moss and then using the magic ingredient started to assemble my make.

I then added the flowers and…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.

Well:

1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…