Monday, 27 July 2015

Polka Doodles Create & Craft TV Picknix 3 Nordic Winter Samples

Hello everybody

Hope you've all had a good weekend and that you've had plenty of time to craft.  The weather hasn't been that wonderful in my neck of the woods, but that means that if time isn't spent outdoors it can be spent indoors crafting.  And not only that, it's been my birthday weekend too and I've had a good time chilling out and doing what I like to do the most....visiting family and spending time with loved ones and crafting.

So, on the 17th July the lovely Nikky from Polka Doodles was on our TV boxes on Create & Craft with two brand new collections for your delight and I was lucky enough to make some samples for the show, some of which were seen on TV.

I thought I'd split my sample makes up into a few posts and starting off with the very new Picnix 3 Nordic Winter I'd like to show you my first two makes using this collection.







These are the ingredients I have used:


  • Wooden Door Hanger (bought from Hobbycraft from the company Lara's Craft)
  • Sandpaper for the edges
  • Papers from the Picnix 3 Nordic Winter collection
  • Santa Alphabet from the Picnix 3 Nordic Winter collection
  • Santa frame from the Picnix 3 Nordic Winter collection printed out 4 times and decoupaged using Pinflair Glue Gel
  • Mod Podge 
  • Versa Magic Dewdrop Chalk Ink in Sahara Sand
  • Merry Christmas Satin Ribbon
  • Glossy Accents
  • Liquid Hearts in Gold Pearl
  • Stickles Glitter Glue in Xmas Red
  • Ice Stickles Glitter Glue in Crystal Ice

And my second make from the collection is:





These are the ingredients I have used:

  • Papers from the Picknix 3 Nordic Winter collection and used Do Crafts Designer package to layer them onto one another. (Plain Jane paper and House/Street scene paper)
  • Reinder from the collection resized in Do Crafts Designer and then the large one printed out three more times to decoupage
  • Glossy Accents
  • Loose Glitter
  • Merry Christmas Satin White ribbon
  • Blue and brown Twine from Dovecraft 
  • Silver Bells
  • Pinflair Glue Gel
  • 8x8 card
  • Small silver gems
Hope you've enjoyed looking at my first two sample makes and stay tuned to my blog for more posts coming up in the week.  Hope you've got your copy of Nordic Winter on order or have already bought it and don't forget we'd all love to see your makes over on our Digi Choosday and Polka Doodles Facebook pages.  There's always a DT member around to chat to you.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Crafting From the Heart #70 Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #116 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion #272 Anything Goes
The Crafters Cafe #126 Xmas in July
Crafting For All Seasons #Xmas in July
Creative Corner #Xmas In July
Morgans Art World #Xmas In July


Take care
Tanya x x









No comments: