Wednesday, 15 April 2015

WOYWW - Wednesday 15th April 2015

Hello crafters

Welcome to another Wednesday post.

A few weeks ago I decided to step into the world of Book Folding.  I had wanted to do this form of paper work for months, if not years, and so decided on making this perfect gift.  Since then I've got an order for another one and photos of my work so far can be found at the bottom of the post.

I bought a book from one of the many charity shops in my area, as did you know that any books donated that aren't bought are sent to landfill.  I know many of you out there, that are avid readers, can't understand why somebody would want to do this to a book as many see it as a form of vandalism etcetera, but the way I see it is that a charity is shop is benefiting from my purchase in a little way and I'm saving the book from the doom of the landfill.  Double whammy for me!!!

Anyway my first attempt has gone down really well and have found myself having a few enquiries and another order to work on.  It took me about 15 hours in total together with the decoration on the outside of the book.

Here is my first go:









Ingredients I've used:

  • Old book from charity shop
  • Black card for matting and layering
  • Pearls in two sizes
  • Brown chiffon ribbon
  • Pinflair Glue gel for the decoupage
  • Glitter for the decoupage
  • Papers and decoupage sheets from my various La Pashe CDs which I've printed out in sepia tones
This is the one I'm working on at the moment and is on my desk today.  




Once it has been finished and decorated and the customer has received it I will be popping on with photos.

I would like to enter the following challenge:

That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Alter Something


In the meantime take care, and let me know what's on your desk today.

Tanya x x



No comments: