Tuesday, 17 February 2015

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 7 - Springtime Pastels

Hello everybody          

Welcome to another  Digi Choosday challenge.  This week’s challenge is ‘Springtime Pastels.’

When searching through my crafty stash I found these MDF butterflies that I had bought to make a home decor project.

So to welcome the start of spring and the lovely flowers that will soon be appearing in gardens attracting wonderful butterflies I have made something to hang in our bedroom once I've finished decorating it.

It was really simple to make but did take some time especially punching out all the teeny weeny flowers and sticking them to the butterfly wings.  I lost count with how many I punched out but the result is definitely worth the time spent.

The papers are from the Octavia Moonfly OCTAVIA MOONFLY collection which I have imported into Do Crafts Digital Designer and then added the words from the collection to them and then printed the papers out and using Mod Podge stuck them to the butterfly shapes and then sanded the edges off.

Here is my crafty make:






These are the ingredients I have used:

  • Five MDF butterflies in different sizes
  • Papers and sentiments printed from the Octavia Moonfly collection (follow the Thumb Linkies below for the different collections available)
  • Hessian twine
  • Tonic small flower punch
  • Pinflair Glue
  • Mod Podge to glue the paper to the butterflies
  • Sandpaper for the edges of the butterfly to sand the paper off
  • Small ball tool and soft mat for the centres of the flowers to make them curl


Hope you will join me and my other teamies each Tuesday to see what we've been crafting.  We would love to see your creations, so what are you waiting for…. Get crafting!! 

And remember, it’s not just for cards, you can create ANYTHING you want from home d├ęcor to cards, just remember to follow the rules listed in the blog and keep to the theme for the week. 


Take care

Tanya x 





No comments: