Wednesday, 6 August 2014

My Finished Pebble Beach Shawlette

A few weeks ago there was a yarn event held at Brighton called Unwind. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go but followed the event via Twitter and Instagram and drooled over the yarns and woolly goods. 

A competition was held for designers and the winner was Helen from Curious Handmade with her beautiful Pebble Beach Shawlette pattern. Her winning entry was published in the Unwind brochure and also on Ravelry. 

I couldn't wait to buy the pattern and download it as it's such a beautiful design. I then realised it was a KAL project (knit along) and I'd never done one of these before so I dipped my toe and loved every minute. The aim was to knit so much week by week and finish before the 10th to enter Helen's competition. 

Well I finished it ahead of schedule and managed to take photos too. I also added beads to the Shawlette for a little bit of sparkle. I used to different shades of Aracuania yarn in toning greens and have enough left from the balls to make another one in reverse shades. 

I will definitely be knitting more of these and perhaps will use some of the yarn I've been dying and some more beads. 

Would love to say a big thank you to Helen for writing such a great pattern which was easy to follow and well written. 

Here are the pictures I've taken. 


Thank you for popping over to my blog today. 
Take care. 

Tanya xxx 




No comments: