Friday, 15 August 2014

Dyeing Yarn Part Two

Good evening everybody

I'm just popping on to show you pictures of another yarn dyeing experiment which I'm oh so very pleased with. 
For my birthday I received two balls of the most scrumptiously soft Wendy 4ply Merino Yarn which I thought would be ideal to dye. So as I normally do I wound the balls into skeins using my winder and then soaked the yarn in some warm water for an hour and then I mixed water and a little white vinegar in a pan and brought it to a simmer. 
I then added some Dr Oetker food dye in Hot Pink (the same make I used in my last experiment).
And then submerged the skeins of yarn into the pan and left them with the heat turned off until the dye had been soaked up and the water ran clear. 
Once the yarn had cooled I then rinsed it off with some washing up liquid and water in the sink and pegged it out to drip dry. 
And wow what an amazing colour 



I have called it my summer rose yarn as the colours are so like the rose in our garden. 

I now need to find an equally stunning knitting or crochet pattern that will suit this colour way. 

I have a few other dyeing yarn experiments to share with you but in the meantime take care. 

Tanya xx 

No comments: