Skip to main content

Crocheted Gift

Hello everyone

Just a quick blog post to show you something I crocheted recently for a pregnant friend.  Her baby is due at the end of August/beginning of September and I thought I would crochet her something sweet and vibrant for the imminent arrival.

I used a pattern called The Layla Dress bought from Verity from Truly Hooked (available through Ravelry and also on Facebook) and I crocheted the first size (0-6 month old).

The pattern was great to follow with easy instructions clearly explained throughout.  The pattern has a range of sizes and I'm definitely going to be making some more of them as Verity allows people to sell the items made from the pattern.

I also made a little hat to go with the dress which I made up as I went along and finished off with a little crocheted chain border.

The yarn used is called Wondersoft Merry-go-round in rainbow colourway together with white Rico both in double knit and I used a 4mm hook as I tend to crochet a little bit loose.

Hope you've enjoyed looking at my crochet project.  I'm planning on doing blog posts on more of my crochet projects as I tend to spend a lot of my spare time hooking as well as card making etcetera.

Pop back later in the week to see more pictures and a write-up of my trip to the Lake District to Woolfest.

Take care
Tanya x 


Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

It's Digi Choosday Day - Week 4 - In Bloom

Hello everybody             
It’s Digi Choosday day again. These Tuesdays definitely come round really fast!!
Hope you’re ready to enter another Digi Choosday Challenge.
This week our challenge is  ‘IN BLOOM’.
I love searching the internet for new things to make and also getting inspiration and as soon as I saw the craze for making teacup art I instantly knew that this week’s challenge would fit this project perfectly.  I had a teacup that had a wonderful soy candle in it and was wondering what I could make with the empty cup.  Here is a step by step picture tutorial of my make (with the exception of one ingredient which is magic and you'll have to scroll to the bottom of my blog post to find out what it is).  I resized and printed some of the flowers from the Eden Collection and put them to one side.  I gathered my ingredients...  cup and saucer, bird cage, toadstools and reindeer moss and then using the magic ingredient started to assemble my make.

I then added the flowers and…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.


1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…