Thursday, 3 July 2014

Crocheted Gift

Hello everyone

Just a quick blog post to show you something I crocheted recently for a pregnant friend.  Her baby is due at the end of August/beginning of September and I thought I would crochet her something sweet and vibrant for the imminent arrival.

I used a pattern called The Layla Dress bought from Verity from Truly Hooked (available through Ravelry and also on Facebook) and I crocheted the first size (0-6 month old).

The pattern was great to follow with easy instructions clearly explained throughout.  The pattern has a range of sizes and I'm definitely going to be making some more of them as Verity allows people to sell the items made from the pattern.

I also made a little hat to go with the dress which I made up as I went along and finished off with a little crocheted chain border.

The yarn used is called Wondersoft Merry-go-round in rainbow colourway together with white Rico both in double knit and I used a 4mm hook as I tend to crochet a little bit loose.







Hope you've enjoyed looking at my crochet project.  I'm planning on doing blog posts on more of my crochet projects as I tend to spend a lot of my spare time hooking as well as card making etcetera.

Pop back later in the week to see more pictures and a write-up of my trip to the Lake District to Woolfest.

Take care
Tanya x 

No comments: