Skip to main content

My June Christmas Card

Hello everybody and welcome to a new month.

It's now June and we are half way through the year.  Where has the time gone?

Anyway with the weather turning warmer (well one minute raining and the next sunshining - a typical British summer!!) my thoughts are still on Christmas, however I am no longer a member of the DT for Christmas Fun but I'm going to press ahead and have a different Christmas card to show you on the 1st of each month..

I have a 'Clean & Simple' design for you this month.  I don't really do clean and simple designs so this was a difficult theme for me as I like plenty of embellishments and glitter and sometimes ribbon and plenty of dimension.  I like to be challenged with my card making.

The ingredients I have used for this card are:

  • Digi image from From The Heart called Seven Christmas Birds 
  • Printed directly onto a DL Linen type card with sentiment 
  • Coloured with Graph It pens ( Lemon, Ruby, Mint, Dark Cyan, Espresso)
  • Coloured with Pro Marker pens (Tan)
  • Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Glue in Cosmic Twinkles 
I hope you like my Christmas card this month.

Remember to pop back onto my blog on the 1st of each month to check out my next Christmas card creation.

I'll be back soon, but in the meantime, take care.
Tanya x


Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Dyeing

Hello everybody

Well I haven't done any yarn dyeing since the end of last summer and forgot about a lot of the stuff that I'd dyed, but since I've been working hard on revamping my craft room to organise it so it's more art and painting friendly, I've come across them all and as I hadn't shared any photos with you of my  dyeing for a while I thought I'd share them.

First up was a blank canvas knitted base that I bought as long ago as June 2015 from Woolfest.  The canvas is a long knitted piece of fabric with two separate ends so that you can dye it however you choose and then unravel it to make two identical balls of yarn.  I used a length of cling film on top of the work top and used Kool Aid to dye the canvas and then wrapped it up in cling film and put it in the microwave.  Once it had cooled I then rinsed it and popped it outdoors on the line to dry and then once dry I unravelled it into two equal and identical balls which are now waiting in my stash r…

Long time no post....

Hello everyone

Well I know I've not blogged for months and months, but I've been really busy and have been making the most of other social media platforms to chat with happy crafters and the like. 

But I'm back now and hopefully I should get to blogging maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.....who knows. 

Let me tell you what I've been up to whilst I've been absent from blogland.


1.  I had a big birthday in the summer and got a wonderful birthday present of a Townie bike and so spent every spare moment during the spring and summer (cos I got my present a little earlier than expected) taking in parks and other beautiful places and getting some fresh air and exercise and loved every minute of it.  But now that the nights are now darker earlier and winter is setting in I'm not able to get out and so she's been put to bed for a few months until the clocks go forward and the light nights come back.  So....hurry up winter and do one!!!

2.  Just…

Rabbit rabbit rabbit

Hi everyone 

Hope you've been keeping well since my last post. 
I've been attending art group still and learning new techniques as I go. 
I've done a few paintings since I shared my owl one, which I'll be sharing later this month, but here is my recent completed one from start to finish. I used watercolours from Royal Langnickel and water soluble oil pastels which were really cheap from The Works, fur texture created with KohINoor pencils and Posca white pen. Hope you like it. Here's some close ups and the finished project all framed up.

Starting to watercolour the background and the background and watercoloured bunny beginning to add detail  Close up of the detail using the Kohinoor pencils  Hello there.....just look at the texture on the fur.

 I achieved the background flowers by just dabbing a paint brush in multi colours and then dabbing them onto the paper after adding brush strokes of green for the stems and grass.  Boo......just look at my beautiful eyes.  a…