Saturday, 4 January 2014

Christmas Cards For Friends & Family

Hello everybody,

So as I mentioned at the end of December 2013 I created quite a few Christmas cards for family and close friends and thought I would let you see some of them.  I have listed some of the ingredients used as well.

First up is the card I created for my mum and dad and my father in law and his partner.



I used an image from the Polka Doodles CD called Magical Winter Part 1 and 2 and I printed it several times and decoupaged the image in several layers on an 8x8" card base and then added glitter from Cosmic Shimmer and Stickles.

For my two good friends I made cards as follows:

The beach hut card was made using a stamped from 'Little Clare Designs' called 'Christmas Beach Huts' stamped with Memento Ink Pad in Tuxedo Black.  I have coloured the image using Promarkers (Sandstone, Caramel, Shale, Canary, Lime Green, Indigo Blue, Sky Blue, Soft Green, Cool Aqua, Bluebell, Duck Egg, Cocktail Pink, Lipstick Red, Crimson, Cool Grey 5, Bright Orange, Pear Green, Amethyst, Aubergine, Purple, Plum) .  I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in white for the snow in the background and finished off with Ice Stickles glitter glue.  The background paper is from Polka Doodles CD again Magical Winter.


The Rudolph card has been made using a ‘Woodware’ stamp (Clear Magic) called ‘Christmoose’.  I stamped the image with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black and coloured the image with Promarkers (Forest Green, Tan, Pear Green, Caramel, Lipstick Red, Crimson, Terracotta) and Graph Its (Sienna, Espresso, Ruby, Neutral Grey, Warm Grey 4) and the sentiments from the stamps have been used.  Finished off with matting onto paper again from Polka Doodles CD Magical Winter and the glitter used is Cosmic Shimmer Cosmic Twinkles and Stickles in Eucalyptus and Xmas Red.



This card has been made using an image printed from ‘The Best of La Pashe’ CD One (2012) and has been decoupaged and matted and layered onto paper from that CD and also from Polka Doodles Magical Winter CD.



For my next two cards I used the inspiration from my winning Christmas card design in my local craft shop, but this time I did them in pink and purple but with the same silver chiffon style ribbon tied in a bow on the spine of the card.  Coloured using Promarkers and Graph It pens.  And decoupaged the image in several layers onto background paper featuring a snowy hillside.





Hope you have enjoyed looking at my handcrafted Christmas cards and that you will pop by later next week when I reveal pictures of the gifts I made for family and close friends.

Thank you so much for taking time to look at my blog.

Please leave a comment.

Take care

Tanya x




No comments: