Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Thrice The Good News !!!


Hello everybody,

So, my final blog post of the year and I would like to share three pieces of good news with you all.

First off, I won the card making competition that I blogged about at my local craft shop!!!  Here is the card I made with some close ups and also pictures of what I got with the vouchers I won.



 
Expect some cards to appear very shortly using the stamps and acetate.  Can’t wait to get started on making some fab male cards with the moustaches and also some unusual altered art maybe with the other stamps.

My second piece of good news is that I won some yummy yarn in a competition on Facebook hosted by Cuddlebums (who can be found over on Facebook HERE)  and so once my yarn arrives I will show you all what I make with it.  Here is a screen shot of the yarn I won which is handdyed and co-ordinates with Day 7 of the Twelve Days of Christmas. Not sure what to make yet but will get my thinking cap on.
 
My last and by no means least good piece of news is that I have been selected by Elaine Rayworth as a Design Team member for her Christmas Fun blog!!!  I applied a few weeks ago to see if I could be a member after seeing her advertisement on a Facebook group called ‘Creative Showcase’.  I was really surprised to receive an email from Elaine last weekend to say that I had secured a place.

I will let you know full details of the blog in due course but it starts on the 1st of January 2014 so will be creating over the Christmas period.

The Design Team has been divided into two teams who will create Christmas cards twice a month (1st and 16th) giving crafters the chance to participate in the theme/topic twice a month.  As the blog name is Christmas Fun guess what it’s all about??  Yep, you guessed right it’s all about Christmas.  What can be more organised than creating Christmas cards all the year through so that there is no mad rush at the end of the year to get all those handmade cards crafted!!!

 I’m so excited to be joining a Design Team and hope that the blog receives plenty of attention from those wanting to join in with the themes each month and those looking for inspiration in making their own cards.  The blog can be found HERE or by clicking the link on the side bar.

I will be back at the beginning of January with details of the blog and how you can enter, etcetera, and with some posts about the cards and gifts I've created for Christmas presents, but in the meantime wish all of you a Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year and hope that 2014 brings you everything you wish for!!!

Best wishes

Tanya xxxx

4 comments:

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Congratulations Tanya..a very happy start to your Christmas!...Your card is so pretty..
Merry Christmas to you and yours and best wishes for a wonderful 2014,
Susan x

tanya miller said...

Thank you Susan xx

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Tanya!...Wishing you a wonderful and creative 2014,
Susan x

tanya miller said...

Thank you Susan. Wishing you all the best too. Xx