Sunday, 10 November 2013

Dyeing Yarn Update


Hello everybody.

You may remember back in the summer months (seems like such a long time ago!!!)  I forayed into the world of dyeing yarn with Kool Aid.

I bought some undyed yarn from Woolfest and a couple of packets of Kool Aid and used the microwave to dye the yarn and then left it to dry on the washing line.
  


 
Well back in September I decided that I was going to make something from myself with my first go at dyeing yarn and so decided on the crochet pattern called South Bay Shawlette which is available online and through Ravelry.  I used a 4mm hook and it soon started to take shape.  In amongst all the other things I have been making recently I finally finished it last weekend and here is the finished item. 



 
It is so soft and snuggly and has been worn a few times now with a black coat where the vibrancy of the colour really pings as well as the sparkly bits too that catch the light.
 Will be ordering some more undyed yarn to have another go at dyeing with Kool Aid very soon.  Loved the experience so much.
 Hope you've enjoyed looking at my finished shawl.
 Take care
Tanya x
 
 

No comments: