Sunday, 24 November 2013

Card Competition

Hello everybody
A few weeks ago I was asked if I wanted to enter a card making competition at a local craft shop, so for the past few days I’ve been mulling over a design I should create so that I could take it into the shop before the end of the month when judging takes place.
And ta-dah here is the finished card.
 
I used a background paper from a crafting CD I have called ‘Magical Winter’ from Polka Doodles crafting which features a lovely scene of a snowy sky and hills and used a font called ‘Holiday Home’ for the text I put in the right hand corner saying ‘Magical Christmas Wishes.’
I then matted the background paper onto silver mirri card and layered in onto an 8x8” card.
Then I stamped the jumbo stamp called ‘Pine Drift’ from ‘Stampendous’ onto ‘Ink Me’ professional stamping card from ‘Hunkydory’ with a ‘Memento’ ink pad in ‘Tuxedo Black’ a total of ten times and then coloured the images using my ‘Graph It’ pens in colours ‘Sky’ and ‘Dark Cyan’ which I then cut out and decoupaged using ‘Pinflair’ glue gel and then layered them onto the card background. 
I used glitter from ‘Stickles’ in ‘Waterfall’ and another glitter glue called ‘blue’ and then finished the card off with ‘Cosmic Shimmer’ cosmic twinkles glitter for the background dots and a length of silver shimmery ribbon tied in a bow on the spine of the card.  Once I had done that I then decided to put a layer of a product called ‘Fluffy Stuff’ in white from ‘Woodware’ which I heated up with my heat gun to give the fluffy snowy appearance on the edges of the trees. 
I really really loved making the card and hoping that with fingers crossed I win the card making competition but if I don’t I’ve thoroughly enjoyed myself anyway and will be entering more in the future. 
If anybody knows of any blogs that I can follow that do card making competitions please let me know so I can follow them and then decide whether to enter.
Hope you have enjoyed looking at my creation.
Will be back later in the week with a post.
Take care.
Tanya x x
 


 

No comments: