Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Bananas...or so to speak

Hello all
 A good friend of mine recently visited Universal Studios in USA and came back hooked on Minions from the Despicable Me films and so I thought I would check the internet for a pattern to crochet one for her.  I am relatively new to crochet, having only started in March this year and so having never crocheted a toy before I had to choose the pattern carefully so that I could follow the instructions.
 After searching on Pinterest (of which I am an avid 'pinner'!!!) I found a link to a pattern posted on Ravelry that many people were raving about on a blog called All About Ami (which you can find HERE )
 
 
 
I then had to find some yellow (banana colour) yarn which I had to look around my local area for as I wanted to start immediately.  I already had felt and blue and black and grey yarn and the hook I needed so off I set on making a Minion one Sunday afternoon in October.
He soon grew and started to take shape and then at the beginning of November on a Thursday/Friday evening Minion Dave was born!!!
 







 

I absolutely loved making him and as you can see from Dave's location shots he is a very happy chappy indeed and looks at home in my craft room. He was a welcome gift for my friend too who is over the moon with him and has made himself at home in his new home with his new mummy.  I felt a pang in my heart when I gave him up so I have now got some more yellow yarn and ready to make another one (maybe a one eyed one) for myself to keep me company while I'm crafting away.
I would definitely recommend the pattern to anybody who is wanting to make one and it is easy to follow for a beginner as well.
Hope you've enjoyed looking at Dave.
 
Take care
Tanya x
 
 
 

No comments: